Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Pear Shaped


Sometimes the world just goes a little pear shaped, but you have to keep smiling! it was one of those weeks where apart from some lino-cuts not a lot got done and very little sewing.I haven't made any small pieces of late and I must admit they are my bread and butter Anyway these pears jumped at me- the background fabric is printed with circles and machien stitched. It is for sale for 45 Euros inclusive of postage ( the piece measures 22.5 cm square or 9 inches square)

And just a reminder- there are still afew places for the workshops I am teaching at Essen for the Textile Event there called Colours of Africa. The classes will be a bit in the nature of a mastercalss if you enroll for all three days 13-15 April as you will be making all your own fabric with which you will work on the last day.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

This is fabulously colorful. It does "jump" out at one!

Ester Kiely said...

I love the complementary fabric colours and the extra dimension added by the stitching on this piece.