Thursday, February 04, 2010

Linogravure

Another linocut- this time with an idea that i want to explore for Southern Lands. I can see hand stitching on these- but which to chose- the golden one or the more subtle one? Possibly the latter as it lends itself more to stitching.As you can probably tell I am a bit besotted by linocutting at the moment and have set myself the goal to try and make one a week- all of the same size so they can be bound together in book form.I also want to see whether I can develop something thematically in this format ( in the past I have made a linocut in response to a need for some form of pattern or illustration in my work not as a stand alone) and as I have a tendency to do some research doing one  a week allows me to explore and create a vocabulary as i go along.

And those of you waiting to hear more about the KISS project- it is coming!

5 comments:

FunkyC said...

My, that's a beautiful lino cut. Are you using a specific linoleum?

Chris said...

I really like these, Dijanne they clearly do build on a lot of preceding skills and imagery. What size are they?

Elizabeth Seaver said...

These are just gorgeous! I think you are doing such unique work. Keep going, Dijanne!

lisette said...

interesting the difference the paint/ink makes. i really like the sinuous lines and shapes too - another watercourse?

Corryna said...

I like your new lino-cutting print very much. I also like to cut stamps out of lino. It is not something I do much, but when I do it, it is very relaxing. And I find it very creative too. I alter the image even after drawing it on the lino and sometimes during the cutting process.