Sunday, July 16, 2006

Some Fabric Finally


I tie dyed some silk today. The purply background was supposed to be aubergine instead of purple- so that put me off doing anything with it today. I really like how tie dye takes differently on silk compared to cotton. I dyed it as i wanted to just get back into sewing, and really need to make another quilt this week- but I am a bit dirth for inspiration. What to make- more pomegranates- play around with unfurling fern fronds, trees or lace variations..... nothing is grabbing me at the moment. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Linda B. said...

I know that feeling - try a turtle, they seem to work for you!

Linda B. said...

Meant to say how much I like the effect of the tye dye on silk - definitely worth opening up the larger image to see.

And whilst thinking about how I'd work into this, I think I've worked out what to do with a piece of hand stamped the lovely Marion sent me a while back. Your downtime has moved me on, mentally at least.

Anonymous said...

This lovely tye dye puts me in mind of sliced and polished mineral/gemstones

Anonymous said...

I am with Alice....my first thought was agates.....

teri