Saturday, October 29, 2005

Stitched


Detail Stitched!

Stitched this piece today- it is about 8 incehs wide and 22 inches long. Again I can't get the colour right on the camera and this is as close as I can get it playing around with the image. I have again used the lutradur ( which is opaque white, but transparent at the same time) and transferred the dye onto it. I have done some hand stitching. I had been intending to make cards but liked the whole piece . I will make a larger version of this as a quilt. The circle things remind me of umbrellas or sea urchins.

Have to head off now and watch kids play piano in an Eistedfod at Colac- for 4 hours- that's the problem when they are all different age groups! I was going to take some hand stitching, but I already finished this piece and I don't want to hand stitch the whole piece- so will have to find something else to do.Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nikki said...

I love how luminous the color looks. The circle things remind me of sand dollars.

Anonymous said...

I love it. They look so much like the barnacles I had to walk amongst today! super work. Trish

Linda B. said...

I've been away for a few days, since the original bible block post and can't believe how much more you've done in that time. I'm always surprised at how much the stitching adds to a piece and love the tonal qualities of the 'blue' piece.