Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Art of Bert Heckers


The Art of Bert Heckers
One of my quilting friends Roos Heckers of Maastricht was married to well known Dutch artist Bert Heckers ( he died last year), and he was a well known Maastricht persona and his art sought after. Roos graciously allowed me to photograph these works which were hanging in the loungeroom of their 16th century heritage listed house, where not a single floor is straight, and which has a tower in the backyard. I particularly liked the piece in the orange/rust tones ( but then they are my favourite colours)

Ohh and I have finally managed to add a links list to my blog- they are not all blogs and I have included quite a lot of websites of people whose work I admire. A lot of blogs I visit regularly can be accessed by clicking on the Artful Quilters link. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear djianne, heidi told me about your blogspot and about the painting of Bert which you have in it.
good to see all the things you do. probably you don't remember me, we used to mail each other via quiltart and I once met you in Waalre, you teached printing with leaves to me

Anonymous said...

I should have added my name, Marijke de Boer from the Netherlands http://quiltpage.homestead.com/