Sunday, April 17, 2005

Produce from our Garden


Tomatoes
The four pictures posted today are all of produce picked in the last day ( and it is not even all of it!) I have on the stove, pasta sauce brewing, in the oven slow roasted tomatoes, the apples will be eaten as well as made into wine, we will probably pick the reisling grapes today, and the quinces - I can't find my fruit leather sheets that go with my dehydrator- so I might have to make leather in the oven. The pumpkins we will store. Then we are having a get together with friends and having a bonfire- so I will take roasted garden vegetables- zucchini, potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant,capsicums, chillie, onion, garlic, pumpkin, sprinkled with fresh herbs and olive oil and roasted and some tabbouleh- we have loads of parsley.
Not a lot of sewing today- but tomorow everyone in my household goes back to school! And then I shall have to put the nose to the grindstone in a serious way as on 5 May I go to Europe for a stint of taching in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany and an exhibition with my friend Annelies Elburg at a Saxon pancake farm Erve Brooks in Gelselaar, Gelderland from June 15- June 19. And I am giving a workshop there on 13/14 June called Inspiration in Fabrication. We did an exhibition there last year too.Posted by Hello

No comments: